The USA and its vassal states say one thing but if you are old enough to remember it then this kind of thing has a precedent.
The Gulf of Tonkin incident, was an international confrontation that led to the United States engaging more directly in the Vietnam War. It involved both a confrontation on August 2, 1964, and a second claimed confrontation on August 4, 1964, between ships of North Vietnam and the United States in the waters of the Gulf of Tonkin. The original American report blamed North Vietnam for both incidents, but further investigation suggested that the dismissal by Department of State and other government personnel of legitimate concerns regarding the veracity of the second incident was used to justify an escalation by the U.S. to a state of war against North Vietnam.
Let that sink in for a bit before you look at the USA reports about what they are again doing off someone else’s coastline. Imagine if it was a warship from another nation off USA waters?
The suspected hijacking of a ship in the Gulf of Oman has ended and the vessel is safe, a UK maritime security agency has said, days after a deadly attack on a tanker in the region.
“Boarders have left the vessel. Vessel is safe. Incident complete,” UK Maritime Trade Operations tweeted, without elaborating.
The incident off the United Arab Emirates came just days after an attack on an Israel-linked tanker that left two dead and which the United States and Israel blamed on Iran.
Earlier, the shipping industry intelligence site Lloyd’s List reported that armed men had boarded the Panama-flagged tanker and ordered it to sail to Iran.
Yesterday, the UKMTO said the “potential hijack” of the ship took place 60 miles east of the emirate of Fujairah as it headed towards the Strait of Hormuz, one of the world’s busiest waterways.
Maritime security analysts at Dryad Global and Aurora Intelligence named the ship as the Panama-flagged Asphalt Princess, an asphalt and bitumen tanker.
The ship headed towards Iran under the control of armed men with British and US naval operations monitoring the situation, Lloyd’s List said.
An Omani maritime security source confirmed the Omani government had received information on the Asphalt Princess being involved in “a hijacking incident in international waters in the Gulf of Oman”.
“The Royal Air Force of Oman is carrying out sorties near the area, while the Royal Navy of Oman deployed a number of ships from its fleet to help secure international waters in the region,” the source said, quoted in a defence ministry statement.
Richard Meade, editor of Lloyds List, told The Times that “armed forces” had boarded the vessel and had been “directing it towards Iran”.
Iranian foreign ministry spokesman Saeed Khatibzadeh said yesterday that “reported ‘incidents’ in the Persian Gulf and broader region appeared utterly suspicious”.
“Reaffirming our strong commitment to regional stability and maritime security, Iran stands ready to offer assistance in case of any maritime accidents,” Mr Khatibzadeh wrote on Twitter.
The United States stopped short of assigning blame for the latest episode, but State Department spokesman Ned Price said there had been “a very disturbing pattern of belligerence from Iran”.
“When it comes to this specific incident, it’s too early for us to offer a judgment just yet,” Mr Price told reporters.
White House spokeswoman Jen Psaki said the US was in close touch with Britain over the “deeply concerning” incident.
While Iran has denied any involvement in last Thursday’s blast on the MT Mercer Street, the United States and Iran’s arch-enemy Israel both say an Iranian drone caused the explosion.
Israeli Defence Minister Benny Gantz urged ambassadors in Jerusalem to “hold Iran accountable for its actions”.
He named a senior Iranian in the elite Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps he said was responsible for attacking the tanker and other strikes.
“Saeed Ara Jani is the Head of the IRGC’s UAV Command. This is the man that is personally responsible for the terror attacks in the Gulf of Oman,” Gantz said.
US Secretary of State Antony Blinken has vowed a collective response against Iran over the tanker incident, which he called a “direct threat” to freedom of navigation.
US Navy forces who came to the aid of the crew in response to a distress call saw evidence of a drone attack, according to the US military.
In conclusion, remember that the Afghanistan war was started by the USA because some Saudi Arabians were presumed to have flown into the so called “world trade centre.” Also remember that no “weapons of mass destruction were found in Iraq.
Click here for a secure way to sign up, you will be supporting independent news. Click the button below.
Disagree with this article? why not write in and you can have your say? email us