Thanks to a really interesting post I found online – a nice clear list of symptoms for the condition.
If you feel you have a few of these symptoms and if you feel you cant cope or are ocerloaded by life you should speak to people to see if you can get help.
Medical testing in the UK – NHS is currently showing Huge waiting lists.. so this is where a myriad of private clinics have apeared to fill demand.
Unfortunately a lot of these clinics are unregulated or veted.. so do your homework.. reach out to multiple people if you can.. and dont give up! seek help if you feel you need it.
A list of ADHD symptoms
- Emotional outbursts (typically anger)
- Struggle to manage impulses
- A focus on the immediate more than things in the future
- Tend to have trouble prioritizing.
- You may think more sporadically than linear.
- Trouble starting a task at the beginning and focusing all the way until the end.
- You might start a story you are telling in the middle.
- Have a history of drinking, drugs, serial dating, etc
- Struggle to maintain long term relationships
- Struggle to keep the same job for a long period of time
- Have felt like a failure at most of the things you do
- Have wondered what is wrong with you and why you never seem to improve
- Have frustrated a lot of people in your lifetime
- You were the class clown in school
- You might be a thrill seeker, always going on “adventures” and never content with monotony
- You might struggle to keep a strict routine
- Lose things often
- Frequently late to things
- Have a hard time committing because you just don’t know how you’ll feel that day
- You have been told that you are irresponsible, lazy or childish
- You take what others see as dangerous risks
- People have mentioned that you seem careless or inconsiderate
- You can focus on a task that really interests you for unending amounts of time but procrastinate on the tasks you may know are important but hold very little interest to you.
- Forget appointments
- Are “calendar challenged”
- You’re great at taking life as it comes
- Can’t stand being “bored”
- Always on the go
- Stay up late
- Very creative
- More ideas than you know how to execute
- Drive fast, all the time
- Are very sensitive to what may sound like criticism
- Possibly have a sensitivity to certain kinds of stimulation such as touch (t-shirt tags etc) or sounds (get very overwhelmed with too much sound happening at once)
- Have been diagnosed with anxiety and/or depression at some point in your life
- You are an entrepreneur
- Have always felt like an outcast, weird, different or odd
- Feel misunderstood by a lot of society
These are not ALL the symptoms but these are various different types of things that many of those with ADHD experience, including myself.
If you think you might have ADHD, definitely look into it. It’s a painful life to live emotionally and physically if you are undiagnosed.
List credited to Lauren G who writes a lot about this topic online
Click here for a secure way to sign up, you will be supporting independent news. Click the button below.
Disagree with this article? why not write in and you can have your say? email us